Course Length: 8 Days (Includes Theory, Practical and Examinations)
Pre-requisites: Level 3 IAAF Coach or Level 4 Specialist Coach and have held this level of accreditation for at least 12 months. Applicants are required to submit a resume outlining previous coaching education and experience.
Pathways: Successful participants are eligible to attend the Level V IAAF Academy.
The IAAF Coaching Education Certification Scheme is designed to ensure that each country has coaches qualified to an international standard to enable its athletics programmes to function as effectively as possible.
The Level 4 Senior IAAF Coach course is the further development of High Performance coaching. The course focuses on instructing effective planning and practical coaching methods to enable coaches to support elite athletes.
- Microcycle Design
- Planning a Mesocycle
- Medical Considerations, Injury Prevention and Regeneration
- Reactive Strength
- Performance and Competition Skills
- Load Dynamics
- Testing and Monitoring
- Competition Simulation
- Coaching Top Performers
- Nutrition for Elite Performers
Event Specific Curriculum
- Event Specific Technical Models
- Event Specific Faults, Causes and Corrections
- Event Specific Strength and Conditioning
- Event Specific Medical Considerations
- Theory Exam (Multiple Choice and Short Answer Questions)
- Oral Exam
- Planning Exam
At the successful completion of the course, participants will receive Level 4 Senior IAAF Coach accreditation on the Athletics Australia framework and be recognised as a Level IV Coach by the IAAF in the event group undertaken.