The Australian Athletics Foundation works to support and promote the growth of athletics throughout Australia.
Athletics is Australia’s foundation sport and has a proud history dating back to 1800’s when Edwin Flack won Australia’s first Olympic medal in 1896.
Athletics is for all Australians, providing opportunities for individuals and the community to lead an active and healthy lifestyle - from children through to our seniors. Athletics is a sport for life.
Some of Australia’s greatest sporting icons are athletics champions and an inspiration to future generations. The likes of Herb Elliott, Betty Cuthbert, Shirley Strickland, Marjorie Jackson, Ron Clarke, John Landy, Raelene Boyle, Louise Sauvage and more recently- Kurt Fearnley, Catherine Freeman and Sally Pearson have all broken down barriers to achieve at the highest level.
The Foundation aims to financially support eligible Australian athletes, coaches and officials, helping turn their dreams into reality through the provision of scholarships and financial support.
Working in partnership with the Australian Sports Foundation, the Athletics Australia Foundation exists to provide the opportunity for individuals, entities or groups to make tax deductible donations and support the future of our great sport.
How to donate
- Visit the Australian Sports Foundation Website
- On the website you can make payment directly via credit card or electronic funds transfer from your bank account.
- Cheque payments by mail or credit card over the phone are also available.
- The Foundation retains 5% for donations made directly online or 6% with a manual transaction.
- You receive a receipt for your donation that you can use to claim your tax deduction.
- You provide your Accountant with a copy of your donation receipt when completing your tax return or claim it as a deduction if completing the return yourself.
- The Foundation then grants the donations received to Athletics Australia to fund their sporting needs
Contact Athletics Australia for more information:
T (03) 8646 4550