JUNIOR SPORT POLICY CONSULTATION
Athletics Australia would like to thank those groups and individuals that have so far contributed to the development of the Junior Sport Policy, either through face to face consultation sessions or making direct submissions. We are still eager to ensure that we hear from interested parties.
A reminder of the purpose of this important project is below, as well as research from Australia and International sources.
The consultation to date has thrown forward some key consistent themes, these are:
· Holistic child development / participant health and wellness
· Coaching and the role of coaches
· The role of parents and guardians
· Age appropriate programs and competitions
· Athletics in Schools and the role of teachers
· Meeting the changing needs of families and society
You may like to use these themes to structure your submission, of course if you have other items you would like to consider please include these in the submission.
For information on the policy please click here