GENERAL MANAGER COMMERCIAL & GROWTH
The General Manager, Commercial and Growth (GM, CG), is an executive role responsible for the development and delivery of commercial programs and for ensuring that the systems, processes and people are in place to deliver identified business priorities.
The GM, CG will report directly to the CEO.
· Reduce reliance on government funding and strengthen the financial position of AA through the identification and exploitation of a range of commercial opportunities.
· Put in place processes and systems that will allow AA to build it’s capability and deliver it’s change agenda for Athletics in Australia
· Strengthen the financial position of AA through the identification and exploitation of a range of commercial opportunities.
· Develop and implement a ‘whole of sport’ commercial strategy, covering areas including but not limited to partnerships, sponsorship and philanthropy, to be led by AA with the support of member associations and key stakeholders.
· Lead the development and secure support for a suite of commercially driven properties that are of high value to sponsors and other partners, servicing the identified needs of the sport and providing diverse income streams.
· Assist in developing financial strategies that create growth on the sport through targeted investment, particularly in the areas of commercialisation, participation and high performance.
· Lead the review of the brand strategy and architecture, linked to the development of the strategic vision, to ensure the relevance and value of the Athletics brand
· Pursue philanthropic and other related opportunities for appropriate programs, working through both the Australian Sports Foundation and the Athletics Australia Foundation.
Marketing, Media and Communications
· Oversee, in conjunction with relevant managers staff, the development and delivery of an integrated internal and external Marketing Communication Plan covering all business activities.
· Oversee all marketing, PR and communication activities to ensure that the organisation and its mission, programs and services are consistently presented in a strong, positive way to relevant stakeholders.
· Creating and owning the digital marketing strategy, ensuring Athletics is at the forefront of new and innovative trends in the digital space
· Contribute to the development of the AA Strategic Plan for Athletics, having regard to the commercial opportunities from which the sport can benefit.
· Contribute to both the development of the framework and content of the Annual Business Operations Plan and Budget.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for further details, including the Selection Criteria.
To apply for this exciting role, please submit your cover letter (2 pages max) and CV to email@example.com by Monday 23rd April.
For any questions, please contact Michael Hall, Athletics Australia COO on (03) 8646 4550.